This is also known as the 'Ball Burst Test' and identifies the strength and distension of the grain. The MT-LQplus exceeds the requirements of the Standard as the test is made without stopping the test to measure grain crack. It is now accepted that some material relaxation must occur when the test is stopped, therefore the grain crack load is very accurately captured. 'Material Yield' at grain crack is also accurately identified.
1) Strength and distension of the grain at grain crack.
2) Measurement of Yield at grain crack.
3) Strength and distension of the grain at ball burst.
4) Distance between grain crack and ball burst.
The measurement of peel strength of adhesive joints where one or both substrates are flexible.
1) Initial peak peel force.
2) Mean peel force.
3) Maximum peel force.
4) Minimum peel force.
5) Work done.
6) Automatic identification of the 10 maximum and 10 minimum peak and calculation of the average of the maximum and minimum peak forces.
7) Automatic conversion of all peel forces into peel strength.
The measurement of tear strength.
1) Maximum tear force
2) Average tear force
3) Minimum tear force
4) Work done
5) Automatic identification of the 10 maximum and 10 minimum peak forces. Calculation of the average of the maximum and minimum peak forces.
1) Tensile strength.
2) Elongation at specific load.
3) Elongation at break.
5) Load and elongation at grain crack.
The loop test as means of quantifying leather softness has been published by the BLC - The Leather Technology Centre.
A loop of leather is compressed by a defined distance and then decompressed. The energy used in compressing and the energy returned by the sample during decompression is measured.
1) Compression and decompression energy
2) Peak force
The objective of the test is to measure the residual deformation of the test sample after cyclic bi-axial strain.
The material is cycled, using the Lastometer, a defined number of times to a specific force or distance and at each cycle the distance is held for a set time whilst the material relaxes At the end of the set number of cycles the material is allowed to relax after which the is residual deformation automatically measured.
Copyright © 1996-2009 Stable Micro Systems Ltd. All rights reserved.